09 Dec Terms and Conditions
All appointments are 50 minutes in duration. Please arrive on time as the session usually can’t continue after the allocated time.
The fee for each session is €80 and is payable by card at the time of booking via booking software Acuity Scheduling and card payment software Stripe
Your session time is reserved for you. If you need to cancel or reschedule a session, you must provide at least 24 hours notice. Cancellations with less than 24 hours will not be refunded. Rescheduling is at the discretion of the nutritionist and dependent on availability.
It is a requirement to keep appropriate records of the nutrition counselling sessions for insurance and legal reasons. Your records are only accessible to your registered nutritionist. Information is stored in a safe, secure, private and confidential space and is only shared in very specific and tightly controlled circumstances with your consent. Your records will be destroyed 7 years after the last appointment, or at the time of your death.
Registered Nutritionists are bound by legislation and professional ethics to keep the details of sessions strictly confidential except in the following situations:
- When the client is actively suicidal and the need for a supportive safety structure is indicated to ensure, as far as is possible, the client’s safety. This will be discussed and an appropriate plan of action put in place by the client and nutritionist, where possible. There may be a need, in certain circumstances, to contact the GP, psychiatrist, psychotherapist, emergency contact person or a family member without the client’s permission.
- When the client’s file is subpoenaed by Court
- If known or suspected child abuse or elder abuse is disclosed where there may be a current risk to a child/vulnerable adult, the nutritionist is obliged to inform the TUSLA Child and Family Agency Child Protection Team
- When there is an indication that the client may pose a threat to themselves or others, e.g. risk of abuse of any kind of a minor(s) or an adult.
Code of Ethics
The nutritionist adheres to the Code of Ethics and Practice of the following accreditingbodies:
Association for Nutrition UKVRN
These codes state that all practitioners are obliged to meet regularly for supervision / consultation to discuss their work, in a manner that maintains confidentiality.
The nutritionist does not provide legal reports for the courts, workplace or third parties or for any on-going litigation.
Video / Telephone Sessions
The client and nutritionist ensure they are in a suitable environment to conduct sessions, with a good internet connection for video sessions and where confidentiality can be maintained.
If the session can not take place on video due to technology difficulties, the session will take place by telephone.
Sessions are governed by the Laws of Ireland and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland, regardless of where the client or nutritionist may be located at the time of the session.
Sessions are not recorded in any way (either voice or video) by the client or nutritionist.
While standard confidentiality and safety applies when using an online platform, there are limitations regarding the safety of telecommunications which are outside the control of both parties e.g. hacking of systems
- I have read this informed consent completely and accept the content of this form
- I understand that there are specific and limited exceptions to confidentiality which I have read above
- I consent that the nutritionist can contact me by email, telephone or text in relation to our sessions.
- I consent to all of the above by ticking the box on the booking form